The following resources have been put together to assist schools in developing an Anaphylaxis Management policy.
We hope you find this information useful.
Please note, this information is provided as a resource only. Activeaide™ is not responsible for the content of the listed websites, nor do these links imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation by Activeaide™. Specific medical advice should always be sought from a qualified Medical Practitioner.
School Health Services New York
New York Legislation-effective June 2008. From this date, NY State Education and Health departments must follow the Allergy & Anaphylaxis Management Act of 2007 (AAMA;A.4051).
Easy to read and beautifully presented. This is an excellent 55 page comprehensive document recently produced in June 2008. It provides detailed information on what schools need to consider when developing an action plan for anaphylaxis in their schools and includes ideas for:
- Developing a 504 plan for a child
- Sample school plans (page 45-47)
- Sample allergy food plan documentation for each student
Well worth a read!!
Protect Allergy Kids School Policy resources:
Includes a wide range of sample letters which you can use including the following:
- From Allergist for a monitor at School & on Bus
- To Food Services
- From your child's Athletic Instructor
- From Teacher to the Classroom Parents
- From School Nurse to the Classroom Parents
Also, guidance on things to consider when creating a 504 plan for your child.
Finally, PAK promotes two special School programs for schools:
- PAK’s School Program - PAK can go out and speak to schools re this program
- Free school program FAAN offers - where the school nurse/administrator can order the School Food Allergy program, which contains a video, directly by going on their website at www.foodallergy.org.
Calgary Allergy Network
Anaphylaxis - A Handbook for School Boards
Well presented and comprehensive booklet for schools looking at adopting an Anaphylaxis policy in their schools.
Provincial Anaphylaxis School Information (Canada)
Nova ScotiaA School Food Consultation Draft